Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com> on 2001/07/27 18:56:40 UTC

[DOC] Resend of ROOT/index.html

Let's see if this works...  Since it's been a while since I sent the last
message, I'll paste the body:

Here's my take on a new default index.html along with the jakarta banner
since I've incorporated that in as well.  I'd like it if all of the sample
apps retained a somewhat similar look and feel (volunteering if people agree
that it should be done).  I tried this page under Opera and IE and it works
fine.  I'm scared to try NS! =)

I'd really like the default apps to showcase Tomcat, and they've always been
kind of clunky.  IIRC, some of the JSP/Servlet example links don't work
correctly.  I'd also like the default homepage to brag about the features of
Tomcat to some degree, e.g. session persistence and whatnot, but I don't
know enough about these things yet...

Of course, by mentioning this I'm implicitly volunteering to do it ;)

- r

RE: [DOC] Resend of ROOT/index.html

Posted by Bip Thelin <bi...@razorfish.com>.

I've tried it in NS and it works fine.

> I'd really like the default apps to showcase Tomcat, and they've always been
> kind of clunky.  IIRC, some of the JSP/Servlet example links don't work
> correctly.  I'd also like the default homepage to brag about the features of
> Tomcat to some degree, e.g. session persistence and whatnot, but I don't
> know enough about these things yet...
>
> Of course, by mentioning this I'm implicitly volunteering to do it ;)

Sounds great, If you feel like giving the default apps a more appealing look
that goes well with what you just submitted I don't think anyone would disagree
with updating them.

	Bip Thelin