Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl> on 2003/06/19 13:39:10 UTC

RFC: Deployer properties

With new deployer API I am going to support deployment to many remote
repsoitories.
In reality many = 2 in most of the cases. But 2>1 ..

I am proposiing to use follwoing properties:

#the list of repositories. repo1, repo2 are aliases or nicknames of
repositories
maven.repo.deploy = repo1, repo2, ibiblio

maven.repo.repo1= ftp://www.foo.com
maven.repo.repo1.dir = /repository
maven.repo.repo1.username= foo
maven.repo.repo1.password= baa
maven.repo.repo1.remote.group= goo

maven.repo.repo2 = file:///c:/temp
maven.repo.repo2.directory = /repository

maven.repo.ibiblio = http://www.ibiblio.org
maven.repo.ibiblio.directory = /maven

etc.

For each repository following properties can be set ( I hope that names are
selfexplaing):

maven.repo.${repo alias}.dir = /repository
maven.deploy.repo.${repo alias}.username= foo
maven.repo.${repo alias}.password= baa
maven.repo.${repo alias}.remote.group= goo
maven.repo.${repo alias}.port= 23
maven.repo.${repo alias}.privatekey= ./ssh/keys/somefile
maven.repo.${repo alias}.passphrase= baa
maven.repo.proxy=192.168.2.15
maven.repo.proxy.username= foo
maven.repo.proxy.password= foo
maven.repo.proxy.port= 81

There is one special case:

In POM (project.xml) we have
  <siteAddress>maven.apache.org</siteAddress>
  <siteDirectory>/www/maven.apache.org/</siteDirectory>

In this case properties for this repository can be set

using alias "central"

so e.g.

maven.deploy.repo.central.dir = /repository
maven.deploy.repo.central.username= foo
maven.deploy.repo.central.privatekey= ./ssh/keys/somefile

Michal

P.S.

Am I right that we need just one proxy server?
I think repos setting and proxy server settings can be shared beween
deployer and fetch.