Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2017/01/25 16:53:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling DavEx Access to repositories 1.3.6, Apache Sling Simple WebDAV Access to repositories 2.3.6

Hi,

We solved 7 issues in these releases:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12335042
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12335341

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1625

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1625 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

� [ ] +1 Approve the release
� [ ]��0 Don't care
� [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Robert

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache Sling DavEx Access to repositories 1.3.6, Apache Sling Simple WebDAV Access to repositories 2.3.6

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Release cancelled due to bugs in jcr.davex:

- SLING-6498�
- SLING-6499

Will spin a new release tomorrow.

Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling DavEx Access to repositories 1.3.6, Apache Sling Simple WebDAV Access to repositories 2.3.6

Posted by Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org>.
+1

Cheers,
Stefan

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2017-01-25 at 20:57 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> +1
>
> i hope the partial commit for the unresolved ticket
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6404 does not create
> problems, the commit is part of the release.

That's a good point, I overlooked it. But things seem to work ...
except for the Karaf Launchpad, which I should be able to figure out
before promoting/cancelling the release.

Robert

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 09:58 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2017 09:24:06 Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > On Monday 30 January 2017 09:04:24 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > > Hi Olli,
> >
> > Hi Robert,

> > > Yup, the next SNAPSHOT versions are part of the launchpad and
> > > tested at
> > >
> > > � https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Sling/job/sling-launchp
> > > ad-tes
> > >
> > > ting-1.8/
> >
> > right, and there are two test failures in #571 for DavEx.
> >
> > > What do I need to do to run these tests myself?
> >
> > Pull latest source and run mvn clean install -DskipTests=true in
> > trunk/karaf
> > and then mvn clean install in trunk/karaf/org.apache.sling.karaf-
> > launchpad-
> > oak-tar-integration-tests.
> >
> > The DavEx-Servlet is present \u2013 maybe a timing issue... will dig
> > deeper.
>
> SLING-6498 - Login fails

And this is a breaking bug, sorry for overlooking when testing.

Will cancel the release and spin a new one.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Monday 30 January 2017 09:24:06 Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2017 09:04:24 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi Olli,
>
> Hi Robert,

> > > Hi Robert,
> > >
> > > there are new test errors when running Launchpad's integration tests
> > > against
> > > Sling Karaf. Did you test DavEx with regular Launchpad?
> >
> > Yup, the next SNAPSHOT versions are part of the launchpad and tested at
> >
> >   https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Sling/job/sling-launchpad-tes
> >
> > ting-1.8/
>
> right, and there are two test failures in #571 for DavEx.
>
> > What do I need to do to run these tests myself?
>
> Pull latest source and run mvn clean install -DskipTests=true in trunk/karaf
> and then mvn clean install in trunk/karaf/org.apache.sling.karaf-launchpad-
> oak-tar-integration-tests.
>
> The DavEx-Servlet is present – maybe a timing issue... will dig deeper.

SLING-6498 - Login fails

O.

[...]

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Monday 30 January 2017 09:04:24 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi Olli,

Hi Robert,

> On Fri, 2017-01-27 at 13:40 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 January 2017 18:53:17 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We solved 7 issues in these releases:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12335042
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12335341
> >
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > there are new test errors when running Launchpad's integration tests
> > against
> > Sling Karaf. Did you test DavEx with regular Launchpad?
>
> Yup, the next SNAPSHOT versions are part of the launchpad and tested at
>
>   https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Sling/job/sling-launchpad-tes
> ting-1.8/

right, and there are two test failures in #571 for DavEx.

> What do I need to do to run these tests myself?

Pull latest source and run mvn clean install -DskipTests=true in trunk/karaf
and then mvn clean install in trunk/karaf/org.apache.sling.karaf-launchpad-
oak-tar-integration-tests.

The DavEx-Servlet is present – maybe a timing issue... will dig deeper.

Thanks,
O.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Olli,

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
> [...]

	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)

Running org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.DavExIntegrationTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.022 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in
org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.DavExIntegrationTest
testDescriptor(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.DavExIntegrationTest)
Time elapsed: 0.001 sec  <<< ERROR!

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.