Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/03/15 16:48:16 UTC

Re: svn commit: r386086 - /cocoon/trunk/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js

* Carsten Ziegeler:
> Author: cziegeler
> Date: Wed Mar 15 06:55:25 2006
> New Revision: 386086

> Log:
> Add processForm method for forms without continuations

Carsten,

I   have  already   introduced  a   function  for   forms  without
continuation.   It's called  sendForm() and  it is  stated in  the
ChangeLog.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
> * Carsten Ziegeler:
>> Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
>>> * Carsten Ziegeler:

>>> I   have  already   introduced  a   function  for   forms  without
>>> continuation.   It's called  sendForm() and  it is  stated in  the
>>> ChangeLog.
>
>> Yes, but that's only one half of the work: sending the form - when the
>> next request comes in, the processing of the form has to be started for
>> validating etc. And that's what I added.
>
> Indeed, that's interesting.  Do you have an example?
Yes, but I can't share it atm :)

But basically, I have a page using forms and buttons, but also a lot of
links for different functions. These links are not generated through
forms but by hand. So I get into trouble if I'm using continuations as
the links are not connected to the continuation stuff.
Clicking a link triggers a function in java script, while hitting a
submit button triggers also a function in java script which then
processes the form. So the form works like it would with continuations.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.