Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "steve.foster" <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/21 21:03:00 UTC

Felix trunk build fails: rev 912392

Hello All,

Maybe I'm just not that familiar with Maven's build process, and I'm a
newbie when it comes to building Felix from scratch (although I did a month
ago, and it worked fine). I tried following the instructions at
http://felix.apache.org/site/building-felix.html Buillding Felix  but it
seems it keeps error'ing out because of a missing artifact.

#This builds fine...
mvn -Dpackaging=plugins -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

#This fails with missing dep...
mvn -Dpackaging=bundle -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

I tried adding the -Dmaven.test.sklp=true flag hoping it would skip the
compile on the test, but it doesn't and still errors.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a common thing when building the Felix
trunk from scratch?

Here's the message I receive...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Felix Dependency Manager Integration Tests
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
Downloading:
http://www.aqute.biz/repo/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
in repository maven2-repository.biz.aQute (http://www.aqute.biz/repo)
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
in repository apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
Downloading:
http://www.aqute.biz/repo/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
in repository apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1)
org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.felix
-DartifactId=org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation
-Dversion=3.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.felix
-DartifactId=org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation
-Dversion=3.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1)
org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  	2)
org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test.annotation:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.test:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  maven2-repository.biz.aQute (http://www.aqute.biz/repo)

Re: Felix trunk build fails: rev 912392

Posted by "steve.foster" <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marcel, that worked. Wasn't sure what to remove.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.