Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/23 15:19:26 UTC

Using Wsdl2javaAntTask in Wsdl2javaTestSuite.java

Team,
Wsdl2javaTestSuite.list does not allow us to customize any of the parameters like deployScope or
package etc...As a start i have checked in a Wsdl2javaAntTask.java and sample
Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml.

Berin,
Do you have some time to take a stab at getting Wsdl2javaTestSuite.java to use Wsdl2javaAntTask
(and pick up details from Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml)? If not, any pointers on how to do this is
welcome.

Thanks,
dims

=====

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: Using Wsdl2javaAntTask in Wsdl2javaTestSuite.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Team,
> Wsdl2javaTestSuite.list does not allow us to customize any of the parameters like deployScope or
> package etc...As a start i have checked in a Wsdl2javaAntTask.java and sample
> Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml.
>
> Berin,
> Do you have some time to take a stab at getting Wsdl2javaTestSuite.java to use Wsdl2javaAntTask
> (and pick up details from Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml)? If not, any pointers on how to do this is
> welcome.

I have to focus on getting JMeter to use JCE package for PKI
testing.  The best I can tell you is to look at how I build the
ant tasks inside the Wsdl2javaTestSuite.

As to XML configuration--I would be for it if I could use Avalon's
Configuration interface.  It simplifies dealing with configuration
parameters much more than dealing with DOM or even JDOM.  Unfortunately,
it would require the existence of Avalon Framework.

The added benefits of that is that the AxisEngine would be able to
use Configuration objects, instead of parsing a DOM.  We would also
be able to take advantage of the standardized lifecycle of components
within Axis.  I.e. the framework would call initialize() on all handlers
if they needed it.  Because Axis operates on properties (not heirarchical
configuration) each Handler would automatically be given the properties
that they need.  Oh, wait...  Avalon Excalibur is the one that
automatically handles all the lifecycle so that the developer doesn't
have to write all the glue code.  Oh, yeah, Avalon Excalibur also has
resource monitors so that Axis can be told when a JWS source file is
modified externally or a configuration file.  Hmmm.

But then, the Axis community seems pretty resistent to Avalon, so we
may have to deal with simple properties files.   Sigh. ;P