Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ulrich <Fo...@gombers.de> on 2013/06/12 13:40:03 UTC

Which opportunities to add more mixin properties to a node if jcr:mixinTypes already defined

I need to add additonal properties to the nt:file-nodes. I know I can do this by
definining the properties to a mixin node type and then defining this new mixin
node type to the node(s) by the Property jcr:mixinTypes.
But then I loose the opportunity to expand/change this. According to the
JCR-Specs "6.7.5 Special Properties jcr:primaryType and jcr:mixinTypes", the
property jcr:mixinTypes cannot be deleted or changed any more; this is, I even
cannot add additional nodeTypes to the multi-value array of the
jcr:mixinTypes-property.

I think this may really become a big problem in the future - I'm not aware what
might arise which also needs additional properties added to the node and would
be interested if there are known solutions for this

Ulrich

Re: Which opportunities to add more mixin properties to a node if jcr:mixinTypes already defined

Posted by Ulrich <Fo...@gombers.de>.
Thank you, you are right; that is really good news.
brgds,
Ulrich

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ulrich,