Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/11/06 19:59:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release JAMES Server 3.0-M2

Hi all,

its time to start a VOTE for the second milestone of the
upcomming major version of JAMES Server (3.0). I know its not long
since the last milestone
but we fixed a bunch of bugs, and you know.. Release often;Release early ;)

Here are the artifacts for review:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-043/

So please cast your VOTE:

[  ] +1 Yes please release
[  ] +0 No time to review
[  ] -1 No the code is not ready yet.

Thx,
Norman

Re: [VOTE] Release JAMES Server 3.0-M2

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/11/9 Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> We mainly test the incoming SMTP and consultation (POP/IMAP) traffics, but
> not much the outgoing/relaying SMTP.
> I saw there were much changes on the activemq policy,... just before M2
> trying to deal with amq downgrades (still waiting on bugs fixes for 5.4.2 ).
>
> I also talked with Norman about the directory structure which is indeed
> ambiguous, and we came with that proposal:
>
> mail
> +-error
> +-address-error
> +-relay-denied
> +-spam
>
> store
> +-derbydb
> +-jackrabbbit
> +-activemq
>  +-jamesBroker
>  +-blob
>    +-outgoing
>    +-spool
>

> Does this sound more comprehensive?
> Tks,

Yes, it really makes more sense!

Re: [VOTE] Release JAMES Server 3.0-M2

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,

[...]

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Dhrubo <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1 Yes please release

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
+1

The source is included
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-043/org/apache/james/james-server/3.0-M2/

You need more coffee mate ;)

Bye
Norman

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Yes please release

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@gocloud.it>.
[X] +1 Yes please release

Ciao,
Vincenzo

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release JAMES Server 3.0-M2

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I cancel the VOTE to fix the bug first which Stefano pointed out..

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
I will close the VOTE on wednesday 10.11.2010 09:00 CEST.