Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/03/26 20:25:55 UTC

[VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download

The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.1RC2/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1014

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12325664

This is the last RC expected for this version unless we find a new blocker.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on March 31 on whether or not we should release this as 0.98.1.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
If RC3 comes I would like to include HBASE-10860 also in it.

-Anoop-

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok, RC3 coming up by tomorrow.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Ted, is that a -1?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I've been running the it tests on have been having failures with

IntegrationTestBigLinkedList, IntegrationTestIngest.  I've been digging
into ITBLL -- I likely have some sort of MR config problems.

ITLoadAndVerify, ImportTsv, ManyRegions, Bulkload, and Mttr are passing
consistently.

For the tests I'm running, it is the same story for the 0.96 branch and
trunk branch.

Jon

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh

Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh

Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC2) is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
+1

- downloaded the -hadoop2 and -src tarballs

- inspected both tarballs, the documentation, CHANGES.txt, etc

- installed in local and distributed mode (with Hadoop 2.2.0)
- in both local and distributed mode, inserted some rows, flushed, compacted, scanned, etc
- spot checked the UI pages

It all checked out.

-- Lars

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.