Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henri Tremblay <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 11:48:27 UTC

Re: Release dependencies keep getting downloaded

Ok. I managed to check.

So no, there is no range like in your example from what I see. The
dependency tree tells me that com.sun.xml.ws:jaxws-rt:jar:2.1.7 is
referencing version 1.2 and that's it.

I just realized that the problem occurs when I'm using the -U option. The
help is telling that it "Forces a check for updated releases and snapshots
on remote". It's a bit weird that rekeases are checked but why not. BUT why
is staxex maven-metadata.xml file the only one the keeps being downloaded?
(with groovy-eclipse-batch that also is)??? Some timestamp issue?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
dependency:tree when used on Maven 3.x can give slightly confusing results
as the "closest" reference with the same version as the "winning" reference
to the dependency is the reference that is shown. So you could have the
dependency somewhere else in your dependency tree (i.e. somewhere with a
higher priority than jaxws-rt) but because there is a closer dependency
with the same resolved version, dependency:tree shows it as originating
from the "closer" source.... confusing I know!

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I also happen to know that there are/used to be "features" in Nexus groups
that leave orphan checksum files hanging around. As well as metadata files
*I think*...

/Anders

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Stephen Connolly <

Posted by Henri Tremblay <he...@gmail.com>.
Ok! Got it! Thanks!

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Tremblay <he...@gmail.com>.