Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/12/17 00:27:03 UTC

[m2] Struts Ti and evangelism

Hi,
Having decided that Struts and WebWork are moving together and forming a
new project Struts Ti is there a chance that they might adopt m2 or
would that seriously jeopardize the future of the project? :)
The various news flying around... Struts integrates Beehive, WebWork.
WebWork integrates RIFE and Spring. Spring integrates SpringMVC,
WebWork, WebFlow, Hibernate... well, everything...
This makes me hear in the background:

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

...I was referring to maven2
PS. OT: In which architectural layer would SiteMash be? Could it
integrate as well?

Srgjan

Re: [m2] Struts Ti and evangelism

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That's really a decision for the Struts community. Struts have been
pretty friendly to Maven (we really appreciate Wendy's contributions
here as well as at Struts!)

Personally, I can't build webwork's latest release with it's Ant and
Ivy build (missing files in one distro, and currently compile errors
from CVS), so I think they'd benefit from it :)

Continuum (another Maven project) is moving to WebWork + SiteMesh, so
we'll be watching with interest and I'm sure can be helping out if
needed.

Hope that helps answer your questions...

- Brett