Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/12/15 02:05:48 UTC

Re: svn commit: r604326 - in /openejb/trunk/openejb3: assembly/openejb-tomcat/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tomcat/ container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/assembler/classic/ container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/

On Dec 15, 2007 12:00 AM,  <db...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: dblevins
> Date: Fri Dec 14 15:00:20 2007
> New Revision: 604326

> Log:
> Moved LinkResolver to util since it's no longer used in the Assembler anymore and is by a few other modules

I wish openejb-core becomes slimmer so when I read it first I thought
it's coming, which turned out it's not, but seems like a good start to
think about it aloud.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Dec 15, 2007 2:56 AM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> The size of core doesn't bother me as much as the quantity of our
> deps.  Our lib/ dir has 66 jars, most of which are tiny little
> things.  Makes it very difficult for people to share that space with
> us and I think it tends to make us look bigger and more complicated
> than we are.  It's also a really big pain for people who want to embed
> us.

Completely agree with you. Do you have anything specific in your mind
how we could approach it? What deps are you thinking about? Shall we
tweak pom.xml a little?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 14, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2007 12:00 AM,  <db...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: dblevins
>> Date: Fri Dec 14 15:00:20 2007
>> New Revision: 604326

>> Log:
>> Moved LinkResolver to util since it's no longer used in the
>> Assembler anymore and is by a few other modules
>
> I wish openejb-core becomes slimmer so when I read it first I thought
> it's coming, which turned out it's not, but seems like a good start to
> think about it aloud.

The size of core doesn't bother me as much as the quantity of our
deps.  Our lib/ dir has 66 jars, most of which are tiny little
things.  Makes it very difficult for people to share that space with
us and I think it tends to make us look bigger and more complicated
than we are.  It's also a really big pain for people who want to embed
us.

-David