Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/04 00:56:59 UTC

JSR-252

Hi,
I am going this days through the open JIRAs for JSR-252 (JSF 1.2).
Some of them are only documentation issues, so are very easy to solve.
The others range from easy to moderate. So I am implementing time as
long as my job, family, friends, weather, and psychological state
allows it.
Does anybody know if the JIRAs we have are most of the effort, only a
small part.. ?

By the way, from time to time I found an issue already implemented. I
guess Stan did implement it and didn't remember when opening the JIRA.

Come on, we are half-way of it, patches, commits and comments welcome!

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: JSR-252

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I know, we should close them as we see it. We might be closer than we think :)

Bruno

Re: JSR-252

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: JSR-252

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Also some things that were inside the spec bugs, which we copied to
our 252 jira, were bugs of the RI. some of this behaivor were already
implemented in Myfaces

For instance, now the spec says for <form> render ID and NAME.
RI did not,
MyFaces did

Still some major things missing, like:
-some content weaver things
-invokeOnComponent for UIData
-state save things (somethings was removed from the view_tag I have in
mind... not that much sure...)
-...

-Matthias

On 10/4/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great Bruno!
>
> I do believe there is not as much missing as we might have thought.
> How are you testing - are you working with Glassfish?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 10/4/06, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/3/06, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am going this days through the open JIRAs for JSR-252 (JSF 1.2).
> > > Does anybody know if the JIRAs we have are most of the effort, only a
> > > small part.. ?
> >
> > I believe that there are jira issues for most of 1.2.   Not everything
> > got an issue, though, and very few new issues since Stan's JIRA
> > creation marathon have been created in our system.   The best thing to
> > do is to go through the JSF spec project and see if any other issues
> > were missed and if any new issues have been opened.   I'm pretty sure
> > that all of the JSF 252 issues were opened with the spec issue number
> > in the subject.
> >

> --
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: JSR-252

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
The ones I was implementing first were the ones including new
attributes for components and rendering differences, so I have just
been creating tests with shale-test for them. When more of the issues
are implemented I will try to use one of the J2EE containers... and
see.

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: JSR-252