Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Filip Krakowski <kr...@hhu.de> on 2020/11/20 11:25:03 UTC

Developing I/O connectors for Java

Hi,

I followed the "Developing I/O connectors for Java" guide
(https://beam.apache.org/documentation/io/developing-io-java) and
implemented what I think is the simplest unbounded source, which only
emits increasing long values (without deduplication).

You can find the code within the following GitHub gist.

    https://gist.github.com/krakowski/e289a0057bf65b08a0c09ae32c52c3e7

What I notice here is that the reader is continuously (every few
milliseconds) closed (I inserted a print statement inside the
close()-method) and the elements of the stream are not written to the
output file. Am I missing something here?

Best regards
Filip