Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@eng.sun.com on 1999/11/11 23:44:57 UTC

Port conflict

Hi,

I want to change the default port for Tomcat from 8080 to something
else. Apache starts by default on 8080, and we'll have only problems
with that.

I know it's a big change, please let me know what you think.

Costin

Re: Port conflict

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
My mistake, I used anoncvs to get the sources, and a similar config...

./configure --prefix=${APACHE_HOME} \
     --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \

--add-module=${BUILD_DIR}/ws/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/modules/mod_ajp23.c
\
     --enable-module=most \
     --enable-shared=max \
     --disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX \
     --enable-shared=ajp23

> > I guess it may be simpler to sed httpd.conf and use
> > a different port for Apache....
>
> that requires knowing where the httpd.conf has been installed.

I'm building it, I want to configure it so I can run the test suite
( nightly).

APACHE_HOME can be set when you build using jakarta-tools scripts,
and I'm not sure what to do if users whant to set the install directory
for Apache+tomcat.

I guess I'll just have to sed// a bit after instalation, to set the root.

Right now I'm using /opt/apache-1.3.9 for instalation ( I'll also build
and test /opt/apache-2.0 ).

( I prefer /opt as root, I know this is yet-another religious subject )

Costin

Re: Port conflict

Posted by jon * <jo...@clearink.com>.
on 11/11/99 3:01 PM, costin@eng.sun.com <co...@eng.sun.com> wrote:

> Ok, if you build Apache from sources it will use port
> 8080.

sigh, no it won't! I literally _just_ did a brand spanking new installation
of Apache 1.3.9 from sources on ftp://ftp.apache.org/dist/ and it made port
80 in the httpd.conf

here is my configure lines...

./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--prefix=/products/apache/sol" \
"--includedir=/products/apache/sol/include/apache" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=auth_dbm" \
"--enable-module=headers" \
"--enable-module=info" \
"--enable-module=log_agent" \
"--enable-module=log_referer" \
"--enable-module=mmap_static" \
"--enable-module=unique_id" \
"--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a" \
"--activate-module=src/modules/auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a"

> I guess it may be simpler to sed httpd.conf and use
> a different port for Apache....

that requires knowing where the httpd.conf has been installed.

-jon

Re: Port conflict

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.

Re: Port conflict