Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gregoire Meier <me...@epicard.ch> on 2011/09/06 21:51:49 UTC

AFP & FOP Font Problem

FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
FOUserAgent foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
fopFactory.setUserConfig(new File("./conf/fop.xconf"));
out = new FileOutputStream(afp);
out = new BufferedOutputStream(out);
Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_AFP, foUserAgent, out);

---> 6 sept. 2011 17:43:39 org.apache.fop.render.afp.AFPRenderer setupFontInfo
ATTENTION: No AFP fonts configured - using default setup

Hi all,

I have some problems with FOP & AFP.
I would like to setup fonts for an AFP output.

The Java code is :

FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
FOUserAgent foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
fopFactory.setUserConfig(new File("./conf/fop.xconf"));
out = new FileOutputStream(afp);
out = new BufferedOutputStream(out);
Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_AFP, foUserAgent, out);

and it always responds :
org.apache.fop.render.afp.AFPRenderer setupFontInfo
ATTENTION: No AFP fonts configured - using default setup

but into fop.xconf I have
<renderer mime="application/x-afp">
  <afp-font type="raster" codepage="T1EX0000" encoding="Cp1146" path="./fonts/
ibm">
  <afp-raster-font size="5" characterset="C0ZA05K0"/>
 </afp-font>

Any idea is welcome....

Thanks
Greg

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

For future notice, could you avoid adding a new problem to someone
else's thread? It just makes it confusing for those trying to help
you.

As for AFP fonts, you shouldn't need to install them, but you will
need to configure them as per the documentation
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/configuration.html ).

If you configure FOP correctly, what you're asking for should work
fine. If you do have further difficulties, could you create a new
thread.

Thanks

Mehdi

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Posted by Samuel Hunter <sa...@cgi.com>.

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Posted by Gregoire Meier <me...@epicard.ch>.
YESSSSSSS !!!!!

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregoire,

The font element should be a child of the fonts element in your fop.xconf.

Try that and please let me know if you need more help.

Peter

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Re: AFP & FOP Font Problem

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregoire,

Which version of FOP are you using and have you checked the
documentation at http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop (e.g.
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/configuration.html for
configuring trunk)?

Without seeing your fop.xconf o in full I would guess that the
font-base is not set correctly, and thus the relative url ./fonts/ibm
does not resolve to what you want (this guess is based on how
frequently this happens).

If you have not already, hve a further read of the docs, tell us the
version of FOP and perhaps attach your fop.xconf.

Peter