Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "CHOU, PETER" <pc...@att.com> on 2021/11/09 20:48:42 UTC

Which release of LuaJIT should we use with the ATS lua plugin?

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a duplicate message for anyone. I had to re-subscribe and re-send as my company had changed my e-mail address.

We are currently working with ATS 9.0.2.

Since the LuaJIT source is no longer included with the ATS source tree, we have tried using -

  1.  Default v2.1.0-beta3 that comes with the latest Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS
This is limited to 2GB of memory under Linux.
  2.  Default v2.1.0-beta3 from git compiled with XFLAGS=-DLUAJIT_ENABLE_GC64
This allows the allocation of more than 2GB of memory under Linux.
However, we are still getting "out of memory" errors with large numbers of remaps ( > 400 lines ).
  3.  Latest v2.1.0 from git
This seems to correct the "out of memory" error.
However, we are wary of using the development branch "v2.1" HEAD since the last tagged official release was back in 2017.

Does any one have any comments or success stories around this issue?

Thanks,
Peter