Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robin Mannering <Ro...@promap.co.uk> on 2004/11/22 15:30:00 UTC

Newbie Question on Security

Hi all,

It's just become apparent that the Web services we call are going to be encrypted using either 40bit or 128bit SSL encryption.

My question is, will Axis be able to cope with the necessary encryption/decryption required on the responses we get from the remote Web Services?

I've had a look round the Axis docs and haven't found anything relevant.

Many thanks

Robin Mannering
Java Web Developer - Legal & Finance

Email:	robin.mannering@promap.co.uk
Landmark Information Group - www.landmarkinfo.co.uk

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not a named
addressee, please inform Landmark Information Group on 01491 413030
and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you are not a named
addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this e-mail. This email and any attachments have been scanned for
viruses and to the best of our knowledge are clean. To ensure
regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and
business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our
servers.

RE: Newbie Question on Security

Posted by Greg Michalopoulos <gm...@d2hawkeye.com>.
If you are using a web server to handle all the requests and then forward to
j2ee container (as typically is done) then the web server will handle all
the ssl stuff for you.  WSS4J is a ws-security implementation by apache if
you want to actually encrypt and/or sign the xml messages sent by axis.