Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by pero <pe...@antaramusic.de> on 2001/09/23 08:20:24 UTC

[solution] sudden JVM death on some linux systems

Hi there,

I noticed several threads on this mailinglist dealing with "sudden tomcat
death". I sent some mails concerning this too some days ago. The problem was
that tomcat (4) died after a random amount of time. Most people came to the
conclusion that there must be something wrong with the JVM.
After trying and trying (way too long) and scanning the internet (for
days )-:) and Sun's Bug-Reports I found that some Linux-Distributions
(escpecially with 2.4 kernel) have problems with Sun's JVM (>= 1.3).
What helped in my case (SuSE 7.1: tomcat didn't work with *any* JDK - and I
tried *all*!) was decreasing the stack-size to 2M by adding "ulimit -s 2048"
to my startup-script (see
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4466587.html).

perhaps this works for others too and they could live on with a little grin
knowing that their tomcat is running... and running... and running...

cheers,
pero

..: I *LOVE* [my] tomcat...

Re: Thawte, SSL, and Tomcat

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Jon Shoberg wrote:

> Hypothetical situation ...
>
>         I have the domain "secure.foobar.com" and a Thawte SSL certificate
> configured with Apache (mod_ssl).  The file provided back from Thawte is
> called "secure.foobar.com.crt".  Is there a way to use that certificate in
> setting up https://secure.foobar.com:8443/myWebApp/ ? Do I have to go back
> to Thawte for another cert if I want to provide SSL though tomcat?

Use a Apache/Tomcat connector like mod_jk.

Thawte, SSL, and Tomcat

RE: [solution] installing *OFFICIAL (commercial)* SSL-certificate

Posted by Nick Torenvliet <to...@sympatico.ca>.
Just wondering are you running tomcat4.0 standalone?

P.S. Just want to let you know you are amazing!!!!