Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org> on 2018/06/27 21:56:55 UTC

RMI based ResourceProvider

I don't have any legitimate use case for this, I just like to see if I
can make things work in a certain way.
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if I had a ResourceProvider which
was a connected via RMI to a JCR Resource Provider for a specific path.
I could then have one instance dedicated to being the source of record
for content, but the processing of this content, indexing, generating
pages, etc.  Would be on the individual servers.
Would appreciate feedback from anyone whose done this.

- Jason

Re: RMI based ResourceProvider

Posted by Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org>.
I understand what you're saying, it would be problematic to execute an RMI call for every request of a property :(  you're talking the same type of batching that the filevault uses. I could implement a custom ResourceProvider to do this but not all ResourceProviders are equal and it would be great to do this via a JCR implementation.

- Jason

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Jason,