Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by seesiddharth <se...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/10 08:25:47 UTC

Indexing Problem with SOLR multicore

Hi,
          I am using SOLR with Tomcat server. I have configured two
multicore inside the SOLR home directory. The solr.xml file looks like

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
    <core name="MyTestCore1" instanceDir="MyTestCore1"
dataDir="MyTestCore1/data" />
    <core name="MyTestCore2" instanceDir="MyTestCore2"
dataDir="MyTestCore2/data" />
  </cores>
</solr>

I am also using DIH to upload the data in these two cores separately &
document count in these two core is different. However whenever I restart
the tomcat server my document count in these two core show the same. Also
both the core exits but whenever I tried to search the data in any core it
returns me data from different core.

E.g. If I tried to search the data in MyTestCore1 core then solr returns the
result from MyTestCore2 core (this is a problem) & If I tried to search the
data in MyTestCore2 core then solr returns the data from MyTestCore2 core
(which is fine) OR some time vice-versa   happens...

Now if I reindex the data in MyTestCore1 core using "Full data-import with
cleanup" then problem gets sort out. but comes gaing if I restart my tomcat
server.

Is there any issue with my core configuration? Please help....

Thanks,
Siddharth

Re: Indexing Problem with SOLR multicore

Posted by seesiddharth <se...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Chris,
        Thank you so much for the help & reply to my query ....However my
problem got resolved. There was a configuration problem in my solrconfig.xml
file. The tag <dataDir> was not configured properly that is why both core
were directing to the same directory for indexing.

Regards,

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
I can't think of any way this could happen -- can you provide some more
detials on what example you are doing, and hat you are doing to observe
the problem?

In particular:
  * what do each of your DIH config files look like?
  * what URLs are you using to trigger DIH imports?
  * how are you checking your document counts?
  * what URLs are you querying to see the results?
    - what results do you get from these URLs before you stop/start the
      server that look correct?
    - what results do you get after the stop/start thta are incorrect?

:
[...]
: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss