Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by asma zgolli <zg...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/26 10:27:12 UTC

IO cost in phoenix + hbase

Hello,

we're studying cost models in big data and while doing an experimental
measure of the io of workloads executed in hbase and workloads executed in
Phoenix on tables stored in hbase we found that the IO is always equal to
zero !!!

in our experiment, we are running hbase on file system (we re not using
hdfs).

When we observed the cost of those queries (in Phoenix) we got a variable
result for the io. we found that the only dimension of the cost vector
returned by Phoenix that changes is the IO dimension (CPU and memory are
always equal to zero).

we found that this result is unlogical and we wish to have a better
understanding of the reason why we' re having those values.

thank you for ur help,

yours sincerely,
Asma ZGOLLI
PhD student in data engineering - computer science

Re: IO cost in phoenix + hbase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 3:27 AM asma zgolli <zg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we're studying cost models in big data and while doing an experimental
> measure of the io of workloads executed in hbase and workloads executed in
> Phoenix on tables stored in hbase we found that the IO is always equal to
> zero !!!

What are you looking at?