Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bonnie MacKellar <BM...@mobius.com> on 2003/08/07 21:28:03 UTC

behavior persistent objects when broker is closed

I am using the PB API. If I retrieve some object and then close the broker,
how
does that affect the object? Lets say that the object references some other
object (via a proxied reference). If I traverse that reference when all
brokers are
closed, what happens?

Also, does anyone expose persistent objects in their GUI layer? How do you
deal with stale data? Is there a "best practices" for the integration of
OJB with a GUI layer?

Bonnie MacKellar
software engineer
Mobius Management Systems, Inc.
bmackell@mobius.com

Re: behavior persistent objects when broker is closed

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Bonnie,