Posted to user@flink.apache.org by ru...@accenture.com on 2017/03/27 13:35:12 UTC

Java library for Flink-Kudu integration

Hi all,

I apologize for sending the email to both accounts, but not sure where this topic fits better.

In my team, we have been working in some PoCs and PoVs about new data architectures. As part of this work, we have implemented a library to connect Kudu and Flink. The library allows reading/writing from/to Kudu tablets using DataSet API and also writing to Kudu using DataStream API.

You can find the code and documentation (including some examples) in https://github.com/rubencasado/Flink-Kudu

Any comment/suggestion/contribution is very welcomed ☺

We will try to publish this contribution to the Apache Bahir project.

Best

Rubén Casado Tejedor, PhD
> accenture digital
Big Data Manager
' + 34 629 009 429
• ruben.casado.tejedor@accenture.com<ma...@accenture.com>

________________________________

www.accenture.com

Re: Java library for Flink-Kudu integration

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruben:
> If you have bandwidth, you can create a Bahir JIRA and port your code over
> to:
>
> https://github.com/apache/bahir-flink/
>
> Cheers

+1

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Java library for Flink-Kudu integration

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Ruben:

Fwd: Java library for Flink-Kudu integration

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
[...]

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have
original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed
by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned
by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of
internal compliance with Accenture policy.
__________________________

www.accenture.com

Java library for Flink-Kudu integration

Posted by ru...@accenture.com.
Hi all,

I apologize for sending the email to both user and dev accounts, but not sure where this topic fits better.

Posted by Jinkui Shi <sh...@163.com>.
This make sense. Only one problem, bahir-flink is not very active. Maybe need more committee to pay some time on it, and have some new plan.
We also plan to support carbondata[1] in bahir-flink.

By the way, to keep the code base thin, can rewrite flink with Scala step by step until Flink 2.0 :)))

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata <https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata>

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.