Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/09 17:40:14 UTC

BadApple Nightly?

I'd like to work on getting the nightly Solr runs to pass more frequently -
they have never been in very good shape. There are a few problem tests that
don't have such persistent issues on non nightly runs. Is it possible to
ignore specified tests as BadApples or AwaitsFix but only for nightly runs?

It would be great if we could pare out the troublesome tests without losing
non nightly coverage and then work on those issues to get those tests back
on for nightly.

- Mark
--
- Mark
about.me/markrmiller

Re: BadApple Nightly?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ah, of course - thanks again!

- Mark

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:43 AM Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There has to be some distinction between nightly and regular runs --
> for jenkins, we pass tests.nightly anyway to make this distinction
> clear. You'd have to configure an appropriate filter for your jenkins
> job.
>
> > Is it possible to ignore specified tests as BadApples or AwaitsFix but
> only for nightly runs?
>
> You can do it manually by adding @BeforeClass
> assumeTrue(!"true".equals(System.getProperty("tests.nightly")))?
>
> Dawid
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hmm...is there any way to get this behavior somehow via just annotations
> > though? It doesn't really work for my use case if it has to be specified
> > from the command line.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:46 PM Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks!