Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2016/02/05 01:14:41 UTC

Making license adjustment tools publicly available

Hi!

a podling recently asked me why:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/relicense/
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/tools/copy2license.pl
are only available to commiters. I see
no reason why, but of course I'm appreciative
of the warning here:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/README

Two questions:
   1. Is there any disagreement that making this tool publically
    available would be a 'good thing' ?
    2. Who should bless the svn mv if we all agree?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Making license adjustment tools publicly available

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 February 2016 at 00:14, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> a podling recently asked me why:
>>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/relicense/
>>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/tools/copy2license.pl
>> are only available to commiters. I see
>> no reason why, but of course I'm appreciative
>> of the warning here:
>>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/README
>>
>> Two questions:
>>    1. Is there any disagreement that making this tool publically
>>     available would be a 'good thing' ?
>
> Yes, there are caveats:
> - as I recall, the tools are not perfect, and have not seen any recent
> development.
> - is it safe to automate the update of license headers? This is
> generally something that needs to be addressed file by file.

Sure. But the above literally applies to all of our software (there are always
caveats). At any rate, seems like there's enough agreement to make them
publicly available (note I'm not saying advertising them or anything).

I'll let it stew till Mon and then JFDY

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashraful Rajon <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Zechmeister <dj...@icloud.com>.
No Worry have Test , will longer Test To Found all Parameters And Sound , really Great Sequenzer better Sound we By Any Apps i am use for Ableton live this Sequenzer is The Best By live Play Ty Roman happy Weekend πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ‘

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.