Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org> on 2015/07/11 00:56:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Dear Sirs!

We have uploaded release candidate to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ignite/1.3.0-rc2/

Tag name is
ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2

1.3.0 changes:
* Added auto-retries for cache operations in recoverable cases.
* Added integration with Apache YARN.
* Fixed several issues with JTA integration.
* Fixed several issues with Hibernate L2 cache.
* Stability fixes for TCP discovery SPI.
* Stability fixes for onheap and offheap SQL queries.
* Bug fixes in In-Memory Accelerator For Apache Hadoop.
* Many stability and fault-tolerance fixes.

DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2

RELEASENOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0 (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

--Yakov

Re[2]: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Sergey Khisamov <sk...@mail.ru>.
 +1

>Понедельник, 13 июля 2015, 10:30 +02:00 от Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>:
>
>On 11.07.2015 00:56, Yakov Zhdanov wrote:
>> Dear Sirs!
>>
>> We have uploaded release candidate to
>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ignite/1.3.0-rc2/
>>
>> Tag name is
>> ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>>
>> 1.3.0 changes:
>> * Added auto-retries for cache operations in recoverable cases.
>> * Added integration with Apache YARN.
>> * Fixed several issues with JTA integration.
>> * Fixed several issues with Hibernate L2 cache.
>> * Stability fixes for TCP discovery SPI.
>> * Stability fixes for onheap and offheap SQL queries.
>> * Bug fixes in In-Memory Accelerator For Apache Hadoop.
>> * Many stability and fault-tolerance fixes.
>>
>> DEVNOTES
>>  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>>
>> RELEASENOTES
>>  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>>
>> Please start voting.
>>
>> +1 - to accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0
>> 0 - don't care either way
>> -1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0 (explain why)
>>
>> This vote will go for 72 hours.
>>
>> --Yakov
>>

>+1

Sergey Khisamov

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 11.07.2015 00:56, Yakov Zhdanov wrote:
> Dear Sirs!
>
> We have uploaded release candidate to
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ignite/1.3.0-rc2/
>
> Tag name is
> ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>
> 1.3.0 changes:
> * Added auto-retries for cache operations in recoverable cases.
> * Added integration with Apache YARN.
> * Fixed several issues with JTA integration.
> * Fixed several issues with Hibernate L2 cache.
> * Stability fixes for TCP discovery SPI.
> * Stability fixes for onheap and offheap SQL queries.
> * Bug fixes in In-Memory Accelerator For Apache Hadoop.
> * Many stability and fault-tolerance fixes.
>
> DEVNOTES
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>
> RELEASENOTES
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/ignite-1.3.0-incubating-rc2
>
> Please start voting.
>
> +1 - to accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0
> 0 - don't care either way
> -1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.3.0 (explain why)
>
> This vote will go for 72 hours.
>
> --Yakov

+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Umm, is this +1 for the release or for the CRC? :)

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Ira Vasilinets <iv...@gridgain.com>.
+1

Posted by Nikolay Tikhonov <nt...@gridgain.com>.
+1

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brane.

Like I said, I merely suggested CRC since my understanding is that CRC is
more suited for when we want to detect random errors and maintain sanity of
the data. However,  I did not know that we also needed a security aspect to
the hashing mechanism. If we are also looking at malicious interventions
detection, I agree that SHA is needed.

My only point was that since CRC is a light algorithm, if it suits our
needs, may be easy to do and port. If I was mistaken, I apologize.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> I think we should just stop using MD5 Hash and just keep using SHA1. In my
> experience, the MD5 format is different on different operating systems,
> while the SHA1 works the same in most of the cases.
>
> D.
>
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:09 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I'll take a look. Thanks, Brane!
> >
> > --Yakov

> > > bother:
> > > them ;)
> release,
> > >
> > > Sigh. The SHA1 and MD5 file format is still wrong. Please either look
> it
> > > up if you're faking the format, or use the correct tools to generate
> it.
> > >
> > > Specifically, there should be two spaces between the hash and the file
> > > name.
> > >
> > > -- Brane

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 13.07.2015 18:39, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Sha1 file format is also wrong again. It's very frustrating to keep asking to fix it for last 6 months. I'm abstaining from the vote
>
> -0 [binding]

Cos, whilst I agree that it's painful to have to repeat the same nitpick
over and over again (and I find it inconceivable that competent
developers can't figure out the sha1sum and md5sum commands, even on
Windows), I really can't agree that the issue is important enough to
abstain from a vote.

Please consider reconsidering. :)

-- Brane

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Can we get to the bottom of it? Anton, can you please describe which SHA1
command we are using and which command we should be using? (Again, I think
we should stop doing the MD5 hash checksum).

D.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
I'll take a look. Thanks, Brane!

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
RC1 has been removed.

--Yakov

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
+1

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.3.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Semyon Boikov <sb...@gridgain.com>.
+1