Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Neil W. Hunt" <nw...@vsticorp.com> on 2010/10/12 05:42:12 UTC

dependency:go-offline plugin issues

Hello,

I am working with the dependency:go-offline plugin goal. I am trying to make a project COMPLETELY portable. However, when I run this plugin, it often leaves out certain transitive dependencies. Typically this happens when there is a conflict. For example, I declare two dependencies, A and B, in my pom.xml. A has a transitive dependency on Cv1, but B has a dependency on Cv2. So the go-offline goal will only resolve one of those (typically whichever one is higher up in the project's pom.xml). This is a problem as when I take the project offline, certain other builds will try and resolve Cv2 even if Cv1 is the one downloaded as part of the go-offline goal. M2eclipse plugin will oftentimes try and resolve both plugins and will fail if it only finds one version.

Another issue is that the go-offline plugin only resolves transitive dependencies for DEPENDENCIES but does not do this for PLUGINS. So while the go-offline resolves my plugins, it will not resolve the plugins' dependencies, even though it resolves (most of) my project dependencies' dependencies. Is there a way to transitively resolve all plugins' dependencies as well?

Thanks,
Neil

This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended recipient(s) only and may contain proprietary, confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, (even if the email address above is yours) do not use, retain, copy or disclose any part of this communication or any attachment as it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete. This email may be a personal communication from the sender and as such does not represent the views of the company.