Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/07 15:08:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.34.1 [RC2]

Dear IPMC,

The Apache Superset community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.34.1 (rc2). This is a bug-fix
release to the inaugural Apache release of Superset in August 2019.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on
this incubator release.

Apache Superset (incubating) is a business intelligence web application

The community voting thread can be found here (3 binding +1
votes):https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e60f080ebdda26896214f7d3d5be1ccadfab95d48fbe813252762879@%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as tag 0.34.1rc2
available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/releases/tag/0.34.1rc2

The artifacts to be voted on are located
here:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/

Release artifacts are signed with the key located
here:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/superset/KEYS

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Superset (incubating) 0.15.1
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thank you IPMC! We appreciate your efforts in helping the Apache
Superset community to validate this release.

On behalf of the Apache Superset Community,

Ville

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.34.1 [RC2]

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Dear IPMC,

Thank you Alan and Kevin for your votes; the minimum 72 h term is now up,
and we still need one more binding +1 vote to be able to release version
0.34.1 of Apache Superset (incubating). On behalf of the community that is
anxiously awaiting this bug-fix release, I plead to the remaining members
of the Incubator PMC to review and determine the viability of this release
candidate.

Respectfully,

Ville

P.S. Thank you Kevin for pointing out that "(incubating)" was missing in
the project name in NOTICE. I have opened a PR to address this that should
be merged after passing peer review.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Incubating in name
Checksums and signatures checked
RAT Check passes once link is bypassed
LICENSE.txt checks
NOTICE checks
DISCLAIMER checks

Regards,
Dave

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.34.1 [RC2]

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Dear IPMC,

The IPMC vote for releasing Superset 0.34.1 based on Superset 0.34.1rc2 has
concluded with the following votes:

3 binding +1 votes:
Alan Gates (+1 binding)
Kevin Ratnasekera (+1 binding)
Dave Fisher (+1 binding)

Kevin brought up the fact that "(incubating)" was missing from the NOTICE
file. This has now been addressed (PR merged), and will be reflected in the
next release.

On behalf of the whole Apache Superset community, thanks for your continued
support!

Ville

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( binding )

I checked the following.

1. Incubating in name.
2. PGP Signature.
3. SHA512 Checksum.
4. DISCLAIMER exists.
6. No unexpected binary files.
5. LICENSE and NOTICE are fine, except one question.

Shouldn't we need to include "(incubating)"  project name in NOTICE file?

Regards
Kevin

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.