Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lizz <el...@bouvet.no> on 2007/11/15 09:30:16 UTC

AjaxTabbedPanel and LoadableDetachableModel - keep inserted data when selecting tabs

I have a AjaxTabbedPanel with three tabs.
The model I use is a loadableDetachableModel in a CompoundPropertyModel
(setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(loadableDetachableModel));)
The tabs share the same model.
I want to keep the inserted data in tab 1 when I switch to tab 2 since I
have a store button that should store all the new/changed information in all
the tabs.

If I insert new information i a TextField in tab 1 and  then select tab 2
and then switch back to tab 1 - the data is lost. How do I avoid detach when
I switch tabs?

Best regards,
Elisabeth

Re: AjaxTabbedPanel and LoadableDetachableModel - keep inserted data when selecting tabs

Posted by Jan Kriesten <ja...@renitence.de>.
hi lizz,

> I want to keep the inserted data in tab 1 when I switch to tab 2 since I
> have a store button that should store all the new/changed information in all
> the tabs.

you shouldn't use a tabbedpanel for this purpose but look for a javascript
alternative - http://www.barelyfitz.com/projects/tabber/ for example.

best regards, --- jan.