Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ophir Cohen <op...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/21 16:01:28 UTC

HBase newbie dev

Hi everybody,
My name is Ophir and currently I'm working on integrating HBase and Hadoop
at my company - LivePerson.

I'm using Hadoop for more than 5 years and I thought that it's a good time
to start contribute...

First of all, I want to say that I think you're doing great job - keep do
that!
HBase is a huge progress for Hadoop platform (a random lookup / key-value
support for Hadoop was a huge headache for us in my previous company...).

Anyway,
I took a look at the issue tracker and as I already wrote a small
MultipleTablesOutputFormat I thought to expand
HBASE-2965<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2965>("Implement
MultipleTableInputs which is analogous to MultipleInputs in
Hadoop") to MultipleOutput as well and to work on it.

I'll be glad to get any comments and thoughts concerns this subject...

I'll send more details on my intention soon...

Thanks,
Ophir Cohen

Re: HBase newbie dev

Posted by Ophir Cohen <op...@liveperson.com>.
Thanks Lars,
The two weeks you've been here were great in terms of HBase development as
well...
I can see you're back to work in full power,
Talk to you soon,
Ophir

 <http://www.google.com/search?q=was%20>

Re: HBase newbie dev