Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by stefano santagada <st...@borsaitaliana.it> on 2005/01/25 15:24:23 UTC

problem about JMeter

Hi all,
  Please try to answer my question in your convenience time.
I want to test a page that have a dynamic url generated using javascript
commands in other page.

I get a subsequence of a random number generated using Javascript
commands:

        var RN = new String (Math.random());
        var RNS = RN.substring (2, 11);

and so i obtain url to test that is a kind of :

        .../1*********@Right

where ********* is the RNS variable.

How can i test this url?

it's urgent, please try to clarify me ASAP

Thanks and Regards
Stefano Santagada

Re: problem about JMeter

Posted by stefano santagada <st...@borsaitaliana.it>.
Sorry,
where must i paste the function to attach string like /1********@Right to
url?
if i paste it in http parameters then url become like ...?name=value.

Stefano

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
25/01/2005 16.35
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: problem about JMeter

Just replace each of those *'s with a random function from 0-9.  Or
every two stars with 0-99, etc.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation

Re: problem about JMeter

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Re: problem about JMeter

Re: problem about JMeter

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Well, that is really bizarre.  JMeter won't be able to execute that
javascript on your page, but it could generate it's own random numbers
using the __Random function.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__Random

-Mike

RE: problem about JMeter

Posted by Łukasz Żebrowski <lu...@rodan.pl>.
Maybe you could use __javaScript function, sth like:

${__javaScript(var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring
(2, 11);, RNS)}

Łukasz Żebrowski