Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tammer Salem <ta...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/13 00:34:11 UTC

Can I use NMS .NET Compact Framework libs in .NET 3.5?

Hello All,
NMS/C# question - can I use the .netcf v2.0 DLLs (specifically Stomp) within
.NET CF v3.5?
(Sorry I'm a Java developer and am not sure how this works in C# world)

Thanks in advance,
Tammer

Re: Can I use NMS .NET Compact Framework libs in .NET 3.5?

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Tammer,

I work with the .NET platform a lot, but not with the Compact Framework
versions.  The answer to your question depends upon whether .NET CF 3.5 has
a different CLR (Common Language Runtime) than .NET CF 2.0.  I have tried
doing some research to answer that question, and I haven't been able to find
a definitive answer.  I was able to find some indications that NETCF3.5
would run assemblies targeted to previous versions.  Therefore, I am
reasonably confident that you should be able to use these assemblies on a
NETCF3.5 platform.

I have added prototype support for generating NETCF3.5 assemblies to the
NAnt scripts.  However, NAnt itself does not support that platform yet, so
the code doesn't do anything yet.

Best of Luck,
Jim