Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Edwin Wong <ed...@atlassian.com> on 2008/02/21 05:19:02 UTC

Reordering messages and changing message properties in a queue

Hi,

In my system, I have set up a single JMS Queue with multiple consumers
listening on the queue based on selectors. However, at times, the queue may
need to be re-ordered. Is there a way in which I can re-order all the
messages in a queue?

Also, I was wondering if there's anyway we can change the properties of
messages when they're in the queue? Essentially, my consumers listen to the
queue based on selectors on certain properties, and these properties need to
be changed from time to time while the messages are still in the queue. Is
this possible with ActiveMQ?

Many thanks,
Edwin