Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shunhecun <gu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/11 19:30:11 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.23: log4j makes server starting message disappeared??

Hi,

Firstly, I have a clean Tomcat, when I start the server, there are some
messages showing the server is started(See below). But after I configured
the log4j (see below), those message are disappeared.

Message:
11-Sep-2007 18:27:19 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1750 ms"

Log4j configuration:
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar --> is in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
log4j.xml                         --> is in CATALINA_HOME/common/classes

Does anyone know how to display those server starting messages while log4j
is enabled?

Regards,
Cun