Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marc Fromm <Ma...@wwu.edu> on 2012/11/02 23:22:03 UTC

[users@httpd] disable htaccess files

I switched from using htaccess files to <Directory> directives.
Other than deleting my old htaccess files what else can I do to sop/prevent htaccess files?
Should I add " AllowOverride None" to each directory directive that I created in httpd.conf or is there a "global" setting in httpd.conf?

Thanks

Marc

Re: [users@httpd] disable htaccess files

Posted by FINESEC <in...@finesec.com>.
You might want to set AllowOveride to none for the root directory:
<Directory />
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
See docs http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride for