Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by bb...@mail.ru on 2006/05/23 11:36:24 UTC

stemming

Could anybody help me with adding steming for russian language.
Thanks

Re: stemming

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> > Could anybody help me with adding steming for russian language.

As suggested by Matthias, you can use the lucene stemming package and wrap
it in a NutchAnalyzer.
See the analysis-fr and analysis-de sample plugins in Nutch.
A description of the internal mechanism is available on the nutch wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/MultiLingualSupport

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: stemming

Posted by Matthias Jaekle <ja...@eventax.de>.
Hi,

there is a lucene package for russion stemming:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ru/package-summary.html

We have once implemented the corresponding german stemming module:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/German
But this is for an old nutch version. Maybe this would help.

Matthias