Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org> on 2020/09/15 10:14:37 UTC

Problem running latest version on bh_core_experimental

Hi,

Over the weekend I did a fresh clone of the bh_core_experimental branch
from the github repository and ran through the install/setup process and
got the serving running locally. However I am not seeing any way to define
a ticket description or summary. Visiting the admin url allows me to create
a ticket but there is no way to define anything else on the ticket. I did
try and switch to the previous commit by using `git checkout
ae3966a937e5b90cbdb5b60998d6590d53d71c43` and rebuilt the database and that
appeared to give me a more working setup.
I have not had time to investigate it myself yet, but thought I should
raise it here for visibility.

Cheers

JC.

Re: Problem running latest version on bh_core_experimental

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@physics.org>.
That may be the case - I could search back but perhaps it is just best to move forward.

It may be as well to provide a bit of a basic interface, even if it is going to be replaced. Both the api and schema_view paths provide somewhat explorable interfaces but it doesn't mean that you would currently know what to do in order to make a sensible ticket through them at the moment.

--
Cheers,
    Gary

Re: Problem running latest version on bh_core_experimental

Posted by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks Gary.

Posted by Gary <al...@fastmail.co.uk>.

Posted by Gary <al...@fastmail.co.uk>.
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, at 11:14 AM, John Chambers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over the weekend I did a fresh clone of the bh_core_experimental branch
> from the github repository and ran through the install/setup process and
> got the serving running locally. However I am not seeing any way to define
> a ticket description or summary. Visiting the admin url allows me to create
> a ticket but there is no way to define anything else on the ticket. I did
> try and switch to the previous commit by using `git checkout
> ae3966a937e5b90cbdb5b60998d6590d53d71c43` and rebuilt the database and that
> appeared to give me a more working setup.
> I have not had time to investigate it myself yet, but thought I should
> raise it here for visibility.
>
> Cheers
>
> JC.

Thanks John.