Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sesha Sendhil <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 16:39:27 UTC

Atomic updates with solr cloud in solr 4.4

Hi,

I am using solr 4.4 in solr cloud configuration. When i try to 'set' a
field in a document using the update request handler, I get a 'missing
required field' error. However, when I send this query to the specific
shard containing the document, the update succeeds.

Is this a bug in solr 4.4 or am I doing something wrong

I started the shards specifying numShards and have checked that the router
used is the compositeId router.
Distributed indexing is done based on ids sharing the same domain/prefix,
i.e. 'customerB!xxxx' form and the documents are distributed in the shards
correctly.
Querying for documents works as expected and returns all matching documents
across shards.

Thanks
Sesha