Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> on 2007/06/20 10:30:09 UTC

Plugin versions

Hey maven users,

When I want to use in my entire project structure (top pom and all sub poms)
the install plugin with version 2.2.  Do I need to place it under the
pluginmanagement of under the build/plugin section of the pom?

The install plugin is mapped by the default lifecycle so will maven get the
correct version with possible configuration declared from the pluginmanagement
or is plugin management only for use when you need to yourself add general
plugin declarations for use in sub poms ?

Thanks for your answers.
---
http://www.scarlet.be/

Re: Plugin versions

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

You don't need to have the plugin in the pluginManagement section if you
are using the same version and the same configuration  of that plugin
across your project. The submodules would use that same
version/configuration for that plugin.

But if for example you have a different configuration (or want to use a
different version) of that plugin in your modules/submodules, you need
to specify the plugin in the pluginManagement section of the parent pom.
The modules can just override the plugin configuration/version in their
own respective poms.

HTH,
Deng