Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2005/03/15 16:54:34 UTC

Version numbering?

Hi guys,

What is the idea behind the version numbering in Slide (or is it
WebDAV). The versions start at 1.0 and keep incrementing -- never
reaching 2.0 as far as I can tell. When the UPDATE method is used to
select an earlier branch (the closest thing to deleting a revision that
Slide seems to have) then the revisions will branch.  Can a 2.0 version
ever be reached? Is the version number design part of the WebDAV spec or
just Slide's implementation?

Thanks,
Warwick

RE: Version numbering?

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
 Hello Warwick,

 I believe that the BASELINE webdav-versioning method is the one to use.
Unfortunally, Slide doesn't implement the advanced versioning features, in
witch the baseline methods is included, along with methods like fork and
merge.

 Best regards,
 Miguel
_____

Warwick Burrows wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What is the idea behind the version numbering in Slide (or is it
> WebDAV). The versions start at 1.0 and keep incrementing -- never
> reaching 2.0 as far as I can tell. When the UPDATE method is used to
> select an earlier branch (the closest thing to deleting a revision that
> Slide seems to have) then the revisions will branch.  Can a 2.0 version
> ever be reached? Is the version number design part of the WebDAV spec or
> just Slide's implementation?

It's implementation-specific.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Version numbering?