Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com> on 2019/07/23 14:41:13 UTC

Ignite 2.7.0 : server node: null pointer exception

Hi,

We are seeing a null pointer exception in Ignite server node.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.latch.ExchangeLatchManager.canSkipJoiningNodes(ExchangeLatchManager.java:327)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.distributedExchange(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:1401)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.init(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:806)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$ExchangeWorker.body0(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:2667)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$ExchangeWorker.body(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:2539)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Please see attached.

is there a known bug around this?

regards

Mahesh

Re: Ignite 2.7.0 : server node: null pointer exception

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.
Will try the configuration at server and report back.

Slava, Denis,

Can you also take a look at the below thread. I certainly believe this again a problem with ignite discovery spi or some such. I have attached all logs and configuration.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-2-7-0-thick-client-has-all-system-threads-busy-indefinitely-td28880.html

Re: Ignite 2.7.0 : server node: null pointer exception

Posted by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahesh,

Yes, it should be done on server nodes.

Thanks,
S.

чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 14:28, Mahesh Renduchintala <

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.

Posted by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahesh,

It definitely looks like a bug. I have created this ticket in order to
track the issue  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12013
As a temporary workaround, I would propose increasing discovery history size
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteSystemProperties.html#IGNITE_DISCOVERY_HISTORY_SIZE
The default value is 500, so let's try to use 700, for instance.
(You need to pass it to your java process -D
IGNITE_DISCOVERY_HISTORY_SIZE=700)

Thanks,
S.

чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 08:12, Mahesh Renduchintala <

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igor, thanks for looking into this.

Even if the root cause is on an application end, our code mustn't generate
an NPE.

Ignite dev community and *Ivan Rakov* in particular, have you seen this
before? Should we file a ticket or the issue has already been resolved?

-
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Игорь Беляков <ig...@gmail.com>.