Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/03/01 00:10:27 UTC

Re: 3.1rc2 build instructions

Ed Dysan wrote:

> Hey guys.. I've had some problems compiling the latest release
candidates,
> and was wondering if anyone could tell me precisely the steps to compile
> the jakarta-ant and jakarta-tomcat modules including any necessary
> libraries I need.  I've been using the jdk1.2.2 release for Linux
(RH6.1).

Here is the Linux portion of my current build process.  There are a few
other steps I perform prior to this step, and there is the Windows portion
of the build.  I'm sharing it here as a work in progress - perhaps you can
find it useful.  Ultimately, I plan to merge it in with the "nightly"
build.xml files.

export ANT_HOME=~/jakarta-ant

cd jakarta-ant
sh bootstrap.sh
sh build.sh -Dant.dist.dir=../dist/jakarta-ant dist
cd ../jakarta-tools/moo
sh build.sh dist
cd ../../jakarta-tomcat
sh build.sh -Dtomcat.home=../dist/jakarta-tomcat dist
cd src/native/apache/jserv
/usr/sbin/apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c
mkdir tmp
cp -p mod_jserv.so tmp
gzip tmp/mod_jserv.so
cp -p tmp/mod_jserv.so.gz .
rm -rf tmp
mkdir ~/dist/bin/linux ~/dist/bin/linux/i386
cp mod_jserv.so ~/dist/bin/linux/i386
cd ../../../..
cd ../jakarta-watchdog
sh build.sh -Dwatchdog.dist=../dist/jakarta-watchdog dist

cd ~/dist
zip -r -q ~/dist/bin/jakarta-ant.zip jakarta-ant
tar czf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-ant.tar.gz jakarta-ant
tar cf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-ant.tar jakarta-ant
compress ~/dist/bin/jakarta-ant.tar
cd ~/dist
zip -r -q ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tomcat.zip jakarta-tomcat
tar czf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tomcat.tar.gz jakarta-tomcat
tar cf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tomcat.tar jakarta-tomcat
compress ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tomcat.tar
cd ~
zip -r -q ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tools.zip jakarta-tools/*.jar
tar czf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tools.tar.gz jakarta-tools/*.jar
tar cf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tools.tar jakarta-tools/*.jar
compress ~/dist/bin/jakarta-tools.tar
cd ~/dist
zip -r -q ~/dist/bin/jakarta-watchdog.zip jakarta-watchdog
tar czf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-watchdog.tar.gz jakarta-watchdog
tar cf ~/dist/bin/jakarta-watchdog.tar jakarta-watchdog
compress ~/dist/bin/jakarta-watchdog.tar
cd ~/dist

- Sam Ruby

"dysan@concordebiz.com" <dysan on 02/29/2000 04:41:37 PM

Please respond to general@jakarta.apache.org

To:   general@jakarta.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  3.1rc2 problems

I can get jakarta-ant to compile by:

setting CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar
./bootstrap.sh
./build.sh

But when I go into jakarta-tomcat, and do ./build.sh, it starts spewing
errors when it's 54 files to go.  If necessary I can post the errors it's
giving, but it's a rather long list.  I really could use a resolution on
this if someone could help out here.  Thanks

Ed