Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/07/09 03:19:52 UTC

Announcement: Cloudera Hadoop Training in Los Angeles

Hadoop Fans, several of you have asked us to come to LA. We've heard you.

We'll be teaming up with our friends at Fox Interactive Media to offer
Hadoop Training at what might just be the coolest venue *ever* for
technical training: The Fox Lot - where they make the movies...
Attendees will have time over lunch to explore the lot with the FIM
team.

You can get full details here: http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training

Briefly, here is what we'll cover:
July 27th: Basic Training: MapReduce and HDFS
July 28th: Intermediate Training: Sqoop, Hive and Pig
July 29th: Advanced Training: Advanced Hadoop API + MapReduce
Debugging and Optimization

Following the material on the third day, we will offer a certification
exam for those interested (it's included with your advanced
registration, or you can register separately). Details here:
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training-certification

For those of you on the east coast, we are working on additional
training sessions - if you have a large group, let us know. We will
surely do something in conjunction with the Hadoop Summit East (2-3
days before Oct 2), so take advantage of early registration to save a
few bucks and stay up to date as more details are available:
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-summit-east

Cheers,
Christophe

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training