Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/02 13:32:23 UTC

[FRIDAY] [Shale] Potential ADF Donation (was ... You might be a geek if ...)

The true facts are that Oracle would like to donate ADF Faces and
MyFaces is willing to consider the donation. But, the code that Oracle
would like to donation has still not been made available, and ADF
developers have yet to become actively involved in MyFaces.

At this point, we have no idea whether the MyFaces community would be
able maintain the codebase (since we haven't seen it), and we also
have no idea whether the ADF developers can work within an open source
community yet (since most of them haven't tried). .

For more, see the MyFaces dev@ thread

* http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40myfaces.apache.org/msg08737.html

which is also the best place to discuss the ADF donation in general.

While this is interesting news for JSF and MyFaces, unless or until
the proposed donation becomes an actual open source product, the
relevance to Struts and Shale is peripheral at best.

-Ted.

Re: [FRIDAY] [Shale] Potential ADF Donation (was ... You might be a geek if ...)

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
:) It is true that some open source developers use the term
"commercial quality" as a pejorative to mean source code that will be
difficult to maintain without the original authors :)

-Ted.