Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/04 19:03:26 UTC

RE: [Lucene.Net] 3.0.3

So, Chris if you did this as a direct port of the java version (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3/), Does that mean that all of the LUCENE JIRA issues (https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+LUCENE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.0.3%22+AND+status+%3D+Closed+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide) are part of this code already? That would make 3.0.3 well on it's way to release... ~P

Re: [Lucene.Net] 3.0.3

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
I was sick for a while, but I finally had time to check and see if the java
issues below were already ported or not.  I can confirm that all of those
changes, if applicable, were already included in the 3.0.3 branch.  When I
say if application, I mean issues like this one:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2653, haven't been ported
because there's no real equivalent in .NET.  This one in particular deals
with a BreakIterator, which I deals with culture sensitive text boundaries.
 There is not a .NET equivalent for that, as far as I know.

So, from what I can tell, it looks like the core assembly for 3.0.3 should
include all bug fixes and such from java.  Contrib is largely there, as
well, but there are still a few libraries that haven't/can't easily be
ported.

On this subject, it looks like 2.9.4 was successfully voted for release.
 Does this mean we are soon merging 3.0.3 into trunk?  There are only a few
issues regarding .NET-ification that I think are blocking a 3.0.3 release.

Thanks,
Christopher

Re: [Lucene.Net] 3.0.3

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.