Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/06/20 11:48:51 UTC

Renaming of OSGi service having only private properties (no metatype)

Are there any versioning policies for renaming an OSGi service implementation class which does not have any public properties (i.e. no metatype resource)?
In this case I would like to rename the classes below https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/contrib/extensions/resourcemerger/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/resourcemerger/impl/picker.
Can I just do that given that there is only a very slight chance that those properties have been overwritten by someone?
Thanks,
Konrad

Re: Renaming of OSGi service having only private properties (no metatype)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 13:48 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Are there any versioning policies for renaming an OSGi service
> implementation class which does not have any public properties (i.e.
> no metatype resource)?
> In this case I would like to rename the classes below https://github.
> com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/contrib/extensions/resourcemerger/src/mai
> n/java/org/apache/sling/resourcemerger/impl/picker.
> Can I just do that given that there is only a very slight chance that
> those properties have been overwritten by someone?

I think that you should be able to set the component name to the old
class name, just to be safe in case someone is using configuration for
these components.

Robert