Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Riccardo Tommasini <ri...@polimi.it> on 2017/01/04 10:07:25 UTC

Replace Function

Hello,

I’m trying to implement the Replace function as described in this JIIRA [1]. However, I keep facing the same exception:

No match found for function signature REPLACE(<CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>).

Looking at the code, It turns out that this function is quite similar to TRANSLATE3 function.

This code<http://pastebin.com/jyvmEjiW> tries to execute the following query, with the same exception as a results. Do you spot any problem?

"SELECT TRANSLATE('ABBA','BB', 'CC') AS \”x\” FROM \"public\".\"tb_books\""

It follows the full body of the exception:

Caused by: org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1, column 8 to line 1, column 35: No match found for function signature TRANSLATE3(<CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at org.apache.calcite.runtime.Resources$ExInstWithCause.ex(Resources.java:405)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlUtil.newContextException(SqlUtil.java:799)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlUtil.newContextException(SqlUtil.java:784)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.newValidationError(SqlValidatorImpl.java:4075)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.handleUnresolvedFunction(SqlValidatorImpl.java:1601)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlFunction.deriveType(SqlFunction.java:278)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlFunction.deriveType(SqlFunction.java:223)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl$DeriveTypeVisitor.visit(SqlValidatorImpl.java:4440)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl$DeriveTypeVisitor.visit(SqlValidatorImpl.java:4427)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlCall.accept(SqlCall.java:137)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.deriveTypeImpl(SqlValidatorImpl.java:1519)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.deriveType(SqlValidatorImpl.java:1502)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlAsOperator.deriveType(SqlAsOperator.java:133)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl$DeriveTypeVisitor.visit(SqlValidatorImpl.java:4440)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl$DeriveTypeVisitor.visit(SqlValidatorImpl.java:4427)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlCall.accept(SqlCall.java:137)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.deriveTypeImpl(SqlValidatorImpl.java:1519)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.deriveType(SqlValidatorImpl.java:1502)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.expandSelectItem(SqlValidatorImpl.java:428)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateSelectList(SqlValidatorImpl.java:3580)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateSelect(SqlValidatorImpl.java:3083)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SelectNamespace.validateImpl(SelectNamespace.java:60)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.AbstractNamespace.validate(AbstractNamespace.java:86)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateNamespace(SqlValidatorImpl.java:896)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateQuery(SqlValidatorImpl.java:877)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlSelect.validate(SqlSelect.java:208)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateScopedExpression(SqlValidatorImpl.java:852)
at org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validate(SqlValidatorImpl.java:563)
at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.SqlToRelConverter.convertQuery(SqlToRelConverter.java:551)
at org.apache.calcite.prepare.Prepare.prepareSql(Prepare.java:229)
at org.apache.calcite.prepare.Prepare.prepareSql(Prepare.java:193)
at org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepare2_(CalcitePrepareImpl.java:734)
at org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepare_(CalcitePrepareImpl.java:597)
at org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepareSql(CalcitePrepareImpl.java:567)
at org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteConnectionImpl.parseQuery(CalciteConnectionImpl.java:215)
at org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteMetaImpl.prepareAndExecute(CalciteMetaImpl.java:594)
at org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaConnection.prepareAndExecuteInternal(AvaticaConnection.java:613)
at org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaStatement.executeInternal(AvaticaStatement.java:139)
... 7 more
Caused by: org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: No match found for function signature TRANSLATE3(<CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at org.apache.calcite.runtime.Resources$ExInstWithCause.ex(Resources.java:405)
at org.apache.calcite.runtime.Resources$ExInst.ex(Resources.java:514)
... 44 more
11:01:07.488 [main] ERROR o.a.calcite.runtime.CalciteException - org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1, column 8 to line 1, column 35: No match found for function signature TRANSLATE3(<CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>, <CHARACTER>)

Process finished with exit code 1

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-420

Riccardo Tommasini
Master Degree Computer Science
PhD Student at Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
streamreasoning.org<http://streamreasoning.org/>

Submitted from an iPhone, I apologise for typos.

Re: Replace Function

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Replace Function

From: Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Date: 4 January 2017 at 17:51:16
To: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Replace Function

Re: Replace Function

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Replace Function

From: Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Reply: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Date: 4 January 2017 at 12:00:21
To: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>

Re: Replace Function

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Replace Function

From: Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Reply: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Date: 4 January 2017 at 11:39:30
To: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>

;fun=oracle

Re: Replace Function

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I think the 3-argument TRANSLATE is only available if you enable the
Oracle function table. Add '';fun=oracle" to your connect string.

I see a minor bug: the error messages should refer to TRANSLATE, not TRANSLATE3.