Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ch...@hamptons.com on 1999/07/16 05:40:54 UTC

Off-Topic - Apc

I can't believe I'm coming here with this, but

How do I do CGI with Perl in Apache for Win32?

I guess that sounds ridiculous, but I didn't find it mentioned in the
Apache FAQ, or the O'Reilly Apache book I bought, and I didn't find
anything when I did a search on the Apache page. Also, my plans to post to
an Apache mailing list were thwarted when i couldn't find any such list
mentioned on Apache's site. (Actually that's not true - the lists were
mentioned, but nothing told me the addresses).

So I guess I have two questions:
1) The above one about CGI, and
2) Where should I generally go for some REAL online help on Apache?

Thanks & Sorry,
Chris

Re: Off-Topic - Apc

Posted by ch...@hamptons.com.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

No hard feelings, Stefano.

(But how come no one leapt to my defense??)

 - Chris

Re: Off-Topic - Apc

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > And for those who think I'm being an asshole, you're totally right :)
> >
> I would like to apologize with everybody and expecially Chris for my
> totally negative attitude on my previous reply.

Being an old time friend of you... I was just about to flame you in
public :) but I'm more than happy you recognized you've been a little
bit too impulsive.

Take care :)

	Pier
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli            <pi...@apache.org>
If you put three drops of poison in can of Coke,

Re: Off-Topic - Apc

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Off-Topic - Apc

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
chrisl@hamptons.com wrote:

> I can't believe I'm coming here with this, but
>
> How do I do CGI with Perl in Apache for Win32?

Please, please, don't!!!!

I suggest (for everyone's bandwidth) to simply ignore such questions or
reply privately. And for the authors, I know we are a bunch of apache
people but there are places (perl.apache.org) where you get much more
information.

Please, don't be lazy.

> 2) Where should I generally go for some REAL online help on Apache?
>
> Thanks & Sorry,

if you already know you're doing something you have to apologize for,
please, don't do it in the first place.

Managing a mail list is a really hard job. I already mentioned there is
too much noise on this list but I agree there is nothing really we can
do until we have something to work on. (If it wasn't for JavaONE I would
have opposed the creation of a project without code).

So, please (and this is for myself first), write something only if you
think it's really important. And for those who think I'm being an