Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jian Tong <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA> on 2007/02/09 23:00:41 UTC

Question for proxy server

Hi,

I am using Jmeter 2.2, the proxy server used to be working. But I just re-try it and it didn't record anything. My proxy server setting is below:

Test Plan
-Thread Group
--Http Request Defaults:
  server name: www.qa.nm.cbc.ca
  protocal: http
  port: 80
Workbench
-Proxy Server
 Port: 9090
 Target Controller: Test Plan->Thread Group
 Patterns to Includ: .*\.html
 Patterns to exclud: .*\.gif, .*\.jpg, .*\.png, .*\.jsp

Anybody can tell me where the problem is ? Or is there anybody ever experiencing the same problem ?

Thanks

Jian Tong

RE: Question for proxy server

Posted by "Christensen, Alan" <al...@hp.com>.
Are you trying to record scripts while connected via a VPN?  I had
problems today forcing IE to go through the jmeter proxy when connected
over a VPN.  I set up IE to use "localhost" when I want to record
scripts.  This works fine when directly connected to the Internet.
However, this doesn't seem to work when connected over a VPN.  I think
the problem is that IE won't allow me to force the usage of "localhost"
when connected via a VPN.  I can check the box in IE/tools/Internet
options/connections to use "localhost" as the proxy, but it detects that
I am using a VPN and ignores the setting.  There is a note next to the
checkbox that says that the setting will not work over a VPN.  I never
noticed this text until I ran into this problem.

I don't know if you are testing over a VPN, but if so, this could be
your problem.  I think Firefox may allow you to force the usage of
localhost as the proxy in this configuration, but I have yet to try it.